Do you want to help shape the future of one of the UK’s fastest-growing financial consultancies?
We’re looking for our first full-time stack developer to join our growing team. You’ll be passionate about product and user experience, always keeping our clients at the heart of what you do.
To start with, you’ll be working with our product team to re-develop our website and build web-based applications to support the business. Later on, you’ll have the opportunity to work on client-facing projects.
Who we are
Kene Partners is a specialist innovation funding consultancy that believes in superb client service delivered through a blend of talent and technology.
The government provided £6.3B of support to the most innovative companies in the UK in 2018-19 and at Kene Partners we want to continue enabling this figure to increase year-on-year.
Our vision is to empower innovative businesses in the UK to continue to grow and thrive. We want to maximise business owners’ ability to keep pushing boundaries and reinvesting in the futures of their businesses.
This is an ambitious goal and achieving it requires an equally ambitious team. Our growth trajectory suggests we’re onto something big and we’re looking for exceptional people excited by the prospect of building something that matters to join the team.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Work with our product manager and web designer to solve users’ problems
- Design client-facing and internal architecture
- Build the front-end of applications with our web designer
- Develop using databases and managing well-functioning applications
- Write APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Test and manage security and data protection settings
- Write technical documentation
- Work with this lovely bunch: kene.partners/meet-the-team
You’ll have essential experience in:
- Relational databases like Postgres or MySQL,
- Key-value stores such as Redis
- JSON APIs (for internal use)
- Designing systems and evaluating which tools are best to use within the business
- Working as part of a cross-functional product squad with product managers and designers
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A portfolio of previous coding projects (e.g.on GitHub) which you can share with us as part of your application
- Experience with TypeScript and Google Tag Manager
- Experience working within financial services
- Managerial experience or interest, eager to help scale the product team in the future
- An interest in your own personal development
- The flexibility to take on change, shifting tasks and priorities when circumstances dictate (hint: this happens a lot in a fast-paced consultancy)
Finally, benefits! It wouldn’t be a job description without a benefits section. We have some great perks to tell you about which are listed below in relation to our core values, culture, and mission:
Grow the Cake – We know our success is credited to our hard-working and talented employees, so every employee is paid competitively, with regular, performance-related pay reviews.
If we can, we will – Your wellbeing and development are pivotal to being able to work effectively. We aim to guide you in your career with generous onboarding, personal learning & development budgets, private healthcare including physical, mental, dental, and optical care as standard.
Do the right thing – We offer generous holiday allowances, pension schemes, flexible working, the ability to WFH, and parental leave policies to ensure you are well looked after. As a business with set deadlines, we counteract this by closing at three carefully selected points in the year to ensure all employees are rested and rejuvenated.
One Team with One Dream – Everyone at Kene Partners is working towards the same annual bonus scheme, aligning our goals with one another. The individual discretionary bonus is based on a scoring system factoring in company performance, profitability, individual performance, attitude, and other factors.
Our team is a positive, energetic, social group. Alongside the usual social stuff, we enjoy fitness activities, company offsites, regular lunch and learns, and quarterly company socials. We are predominantly a work-from-home business at the moment, although we have the option to work from our office in Liverpool Street, so being London based, or the ability to travel to London easily, is a huge plus.