Do you want to help shape the growth of one of the UK’s top R&D Tax consultancies? As an Analyst at Kene Partners, you will be new to R&D Tax Claims but eager to shadow and soak up as much knowledge as possible from the more experienced members of the team, to aid and enable your growth.
After gaining some experience assisting other consultants within the team with repeat claims, you will progress from shadowing to taking the financial or technical lead on upcoming repeat claims to further your experience and understanding of the reports and claims we produce for our technology clients.
About Kene Partners
Kene Partners is a specialist R&D Tax Consultancy that believes in superb client service delivered through a blend of talent and technology.
A total of £5.3bn was claimed in R&D tax credits by innovative UK companies during 2018-19 and at Kene Partners we want to continue supporting and enabling this figure to increase year on year.
At Kene Partners, our vision is to reinvent this relatively unknown benefit and assist companies from the ground up to revolutionise R&D claims for their business. We want to give business owners the ability to maximise the amount of tax benefit they are eligible for using our expertise and industry knowledge.
We aim to inspire, enable and enhance innovative businesses in the UK to continue to grow and thrive.
This is an ambitious goal and it needs an equally ambitious team in order to succeed. Our growth trajectory shows we’re onto something big and we’re looking for exceptional people excited by the prospect of building something that matters to join the team.
On a day-to-day basis you will be:
- Undertaking research into clients’ R&D activities
- Creating project files
- Setting up workshop meetings and gathering claim information for further discussion at the client workshop
- Attending workshops and detailed technical discussions, and sufficiently documenting these to compile strong supporting information for internal files
- Drafting initial technical descriptions, claim approach summaries and claim calculations
- Where necessary, liaising with senior team members to draft responses to client questions
- Participating in the firm’s internal R&D training for continuous development on the R&D Tax legislation
- Working with this lovely bunch of faces: kene.partners/meet-the-team
After your 6-month induction as an Analyst, you will:
- Lead some of the project eligibility and detailed project discussions with the support of the R&D Tax Consultant/Senior Consultant/Manager/Director (this will start once you are comfortable with the R&D tax legislation and our processes)
- Look to become a ‘Technical Lead’ on workshops
- Once comfortable as a Technical Lead, progress to take on the role of ‘Financial Lead’ in projects
- A logical, enquiring and problem-solving mindset
- Strong commercial awareness and great communication skills
- The ability to ask quality questions
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- The will to make a difference and interest in shaping your career within R&D Tax
- The ability to take on change and be flexible, shifting tasks and priorities when circumstances dictate (hint: this happens a lot in a fast-paced consultancy)
Finally, benefits! It wouldn’t be a job description without a benefits section. We have some great perks to tell you about which are listed below in relation to our core values, culture, and mission:
Grow the Cake – We know our success is credited to our hard-working and talented employees, so every employee is paid competitively, with regular, performance-related pay reviews.
If we can, we will – Your wellbeing and development are pivotal to being able to work effectively. We aim to guide you in your career with generous onboarding, personal learning & development budgets, private healthcare including physical, mental, dental, and optical care as standard.
Do the right thing – We offer generous holiday allowances, pension schemes, flexible working, the ability to WFH, and parental leave policies to ensure you are well looked after. As a business with set deadlines, we counteract this by closing at three carefully selected points in the year to ensure all employees are rested and rejuvenated.
One Team with One Dream – Everyone at Kene Partners is working towards the same annual bonus scheme, aligning our goals with one another. The individual discretionary bonus is based on a scoring system factoring in company performance, profitability, individual performance, attitude, and other factors.
Our team is a positive, energetic, social group. Alongside the usual social stuff, we enjoy fitness activities, company offsites, regular lunch and learns, and quarterly company socials. We are predominantly a Work From Home Business at the moment, although we have the option to work from our office in Liverpool Street.