Do you want to help shape the growth of one of the UK’s top R&D Tax consultancies? As an Analyst at Kene Partners, you will be new to R&D Tax Claims but eager to shadow and soak up as much knowledge as possible from the more experienced members of the team, to aid and enable your growth.
After gaining some experience assisting other consultants within the team with repeat claims, you will progress from shadowing to taking the financial or technical lead on upcoming repeat claims to further your experience and understanding of the reports and claims we produce for our technology clients.
About Kene Partners
Kene Partners is a specialist innovation funding consultancy that believes in superb client service delivered through a blend of talent and technology. We are looking for new team members, excited by the prospect of taking part in building something brilliant and proactively helping us grow the business.
The government provided £5.3B of support to the most innovative companies in the UK in 2017-18 and at Kene Partners we want to continue enabling this figure to increase year on year.
At Kene Partners, our vision is to empower innovative businesses in the UK to continue to grow and thrive. We want to maximise business owners’ ability to keep pushing boundaries and reinvesting in the futures of their businesses.
This is an ambitious goal and achieving it requires an equally ambitious team. Our growth trajectory suggests we are onto something big and we are looking for exceptional people excited by the prospect of building something that matters to join the team.
On a day-to-day basis you will be:
- Participating in the firm’s internal technical training program with the objective of having a strong understanding of R&D Tax legislation and legislative language on completion
- Conducting preliminary research for further discussion at client workshops.
- Attending client workshops and detailed technical interviews
- Assessing and interpreting technical information gathered during workshops to draft the technical reports to support the R&D activity
- Gaining sector knowledge by proactively working with a wide variety of clients – this will allow you to gain a understanding of a wide variety of innovative technologies across the fields of science and technology
- Understanding the R&D criteria and applying these concepts across a wide range of sectors.
- Working with this lovely bunch of faces kene.partners/meet-the-team
Progression in your first year will look like:
- Completing the technical training to have the ability to draft informative and accurate technical reports with the support of your team.
- Becoming comfortable preparing client-related research documents and identifying R&D and the technology used in R&D ahead of workshops and discussions.
- Participating in the firm’s internal financial training and taking on financial aspects of the role to progress your overall knowledge of the claim process.
- Recently graduated with a 2:1, 1st or an equivalent qualification in Computer Science, or related disciplines such as Software Engineering or STEM background.
- Values that align with ours.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong numerical ability and great attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a passion to deliver quality work
- Exceptional time, client, and project management skills.
- Logical with a problem-solving mindset.
- A genuine interest and curiosity in Software, Science, Technology & Innovation.
- The capabilities to deliver innovative solutions to complex challenges.
- An interest in your own personal development
- The ability to actively listen to others and ensure that they are understood.
- The flexibility to take on change, shifting tasks and priorities when circumstances dictate (hint: this happens a lot in a fast-paced consultancy)
Finally, benefits! It would not be a job description without a benefits section. We have some great perks to tell you about which relate to our core values, culture, and mission:
Grow the Cake – We know our success is credited to our hard-working and talented employees, so every employee is paid competitively, with regular, performance related pay reviews.
If we can, we will – Your wellbeing and development is pivotal to being able to work effectively. We aim to guide you in your career with generous onboarding, personal learning & development budgets, private healthcare including physical, mental, dental, and optical care as standard.
Do the right thing – We offer generous holiday allowances, pension schemes, flexible working, the ability to WFH and parental leave policies to ensure you are well looked after. As a business with set deadlines, we counteract this by closing at three carefully selected points in the year to ensure all employees are rested and rejuvenated.
One Team with One Dream – Everyone at Kene Partners is working towards the same annual bonus scheme, aligning our goals with one another. The individual discretionary bonus is based on a scoring system factoring in company performance, profitability, individual performance, attitude, and other factors.
Our Team – We are a positive, energetic, social group, alongside the usual Friday drinks, we enjoy fitness activities, company offsites, regular lunch and learns, quarterly whole company socials.
Our team is a positive, energetic, social group. Alongside the usual social stuff, we enjoy fitness activities, company offsites, regular lunch and learns, and quarterly company socials. We are predominantly a Work From Home Business at the moment, although we have the option to work from our office in Liverpool Street.