Do you want to help shape the growth of one of the UK’s top R&D Tax consultancies? Read on and learn what it takes. Operating within the Technology team, the R&D Tax Consultant will be responsible for meeting with clients, understanding their requirements, managing communication and reporting directly to the Senior Consultant or Manager.
Do you want to help shape the growth of one of the UK’s top R&D Tax consultancies? Read on and learn what it takes. As an Analyst at Kene Partners you will be new to R&D Tax Claims but eager to shadow and soak up as much knowledge as possible from the more experienced members of the team, to aid and enable your growth.
After gaining some experience assisting other consultants within the team with repeat claims, you will progress from shadowing to taking the financial or technical lead on upcoming repeat claims to further your experience and understanding of the reports and claims we produce for our technology clients.
About Kene Partners
Kene Partners is a specialist R&D Tax Consultancy that believes in superb client service delivered through a blend of talent and technology.
A total of £3.5bn was claimed in R&D tax credits by innovative UK companies during 2016-17 and at Kene Partners we want to continue supporting and enabling this figure to increase year on year.
At Kene Partners, our vision is to reinvent this relatively unknown benefit and assist companies from the ground up to revolutionise R&D claims for their business. We want to give business owners the ability to maximise the amount of tax benefit they are eligible for using our expertise and industry knowledge.
We aim to inspire, enable and enhance innovative businesses in the UK to continue to grow and thrive.
This is an ambitious goal and it needs an equally ambitious team in order to succeed. Our growth trajectory shows we’re onto something big and we’re looking for exceptional people excited by the prospect of building something that matters to join the team.
On a day-to-day basis you will be:
- Undertaking research into technology/software clients’ R&D activities
- Creating project files
- Setting up workshop meetings and gathering claim information for further
- discussion at the client workshop
- Attending workshops and detailed technical discussions, and sufficiently
- documenting these to compile strong supporting information for internal files
- Drafting initial technical descriptions, claim approach summaries and claim
- Where necessary, liaising with senior team members to draft responses to client questions
- Participating in the firm’s internal R&D training for continuous development on the R&D Tax legislation
- Working with this lovely bunch of faces www.kene.partners/meet-the-team
After your 6-month induction as an Analyst, you will:
- Lead some of the project eligibility and detailed project discussions with the support of the R&D Tax Consultant/Senior Consultant/Manager/Director (this will start once you are comfortable with the R&D tax legislation and our processes)
- Look to become a ‘Technical Lead’ on workshops
- Once comfortable as a Technical Lead, progress to take on the role of ‘Financial Lead’ in projects
- Demonstrable experience, skills and/or passion in technology/software
- A logical, enquiring and problem-solving mindset
- Strong commercial awareness and great communication skills
- The ability to ask quality questions
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- The will to make a difference and interest in shaping your career within R&D Tax
- The ability to take on change and be flexible, shifting tasks and priorities when
- circumstances dictate (hint: this happens a lot in a fast-paced consultancy)
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with our core values and beliefs:
Client is King
- Be proactive not reactive
- Be fully prepared for every interaction
- Never settle for anything less than exceptional
Output Defines Us
- Deliver optimal and successful claims with maximum accuracy, minimal risk and in a timely manner
- Google Test: Would we send that output to the CEO of Google?
- Great output = well received invoices
Dare to be Different
- Kene Partners is a family of collaborative, forward-thinking professionals that are tenacious in their pursuit of the extraordinary
- Respect the freedom, respect the process, fight mediocrity
Enjoy the Journey
- Is there any point in trying if we are not aiming to be the best in the world at what we do?
- Set meaningful goals, respect your health, appreciate the impact you are making
- You’ve got one life, make it count
Finally, benefits! It wouldn’t be a job description without a benefits section. We believe our values set us apart and are our biggest benefit. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values we have some other great perks to tell you about:
- Flexible working – we care about whether you do your job, not where
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Get some well-deserved rest with unlimited holiday after passing probation
- An onboarding budget to ensure you’ve got your perfect work set-up
- Pension scheme
- Health insurance which includes gym membership, health, optical and dental