Do you want to help shape the growth of one of the UK’s top R&D Tax consultancies? The R&D Tax Consultant will be responsible for meeting with clients, understanding their requirements, managing communication and reporting directly to the Senior Consultant or Manager.
About Kene Partners
Kene Partners is a specialist R&D Tax Consultancy that believes in superb client service delivered through a blend of talent and technology.
A total of £5.3bn was claimed in R&D tax credits by innovative UK companies during 2018-19 and at Kene Partners we want to continue supporting and enabling this figure to increase year-on-year.
At Kene Partners, our vision is to reinvent this relatively unknown benefit and assist companies from the ground up to revolutionise R&D claims for their business. We want to give business owners the ability to maximise the amount of tax benefit they are eligible for using our expertise and industry knowledge.
We aim to inspire, enable and enhance innovative businesses in the UK to continue to grow and thrive.
This is an ambitious goal and it needs an equally ambitious team in order to succeed. Our growth trajectory shows we’re onto something big and we’re looking for exceptional people excited by the prospect of building something that matters to join the team.
On a day-to-day basis you will be:
- Leading R&D discussions/workshops on repeat clients, providing a clear explanation of the definition of R&D for tax purposes and discussing in detail, sector-specific examples of qualifying activities
- Identifying qualifying R&D activities and expenditure through participation in technical discussions with clients for new and repeat claims
- Managing client relationships
- Proactively demonstrating that you can identify risks in claims
- Compiling technical project reports to illustrate eligible activities to support
- R&D claims with strong attention to detail and first-time accuracy
- Project managing day to day aspects of the claims, setting timescales for delivery, talking confidently with clients to explain various judgements made in claim compilation and their implication
- Formulating an initial response to defending claims in the event of HMRC R&D enquiries
- Developing your own knowledge and skills in R&D tax relief and other related issues, to keep technical knowledge fully up to date in this evolving landscape
- Working with this lovely bunch of faces: kene.partners/meet-the-team
- Demonstratable experience in R&D tax
- A logical, enquiring and problem-solving mindset
- Strong commercial awareness and great communication skills
- The ability to ask quality questions
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Good knowledge of what HMRC is looking for in reports
- The will to make a difference and interest in shaping your career within R&D tax
- The ability to take on change and be flexible, shifting tasks and priorities when circumstances dictate (hint: this happens a lot in a fast-paced consultancy)
Finally, benefits! It wouldn’t be a job description without a benefits section. We have some great perks to tell you about which are listed below in relation to our core values, culture, and mission:
Grow the Cake – We know our success is credited to our hard-working and talented employees, so every employee is paid competitively, with regular, performance-related pay reviews.
If we can, we will – Your wellbeing and development are pivotal to being able to work effectively. We aim to guide you in your career with generous onboarding, personal learning & development budgets, private healthcare including physical, mental, dental, and optical care as standard.
Do the right thing – We offer generous holiday allowances, pension schemes, flexible working, the ability to WFH, and parental leave policies to ensure you are well looked after. As a business with set deadlines, we counteract this by closing at three carefully selected points in the year to ensure all employees are rested and rejuvenated.
One Team with One Dream – Everyone at Kene Partners is working towards the same annual bonus scheme, aligning our goals with one another. The individual discretionary bonus is based on a scoring system factoring in company performance, profitability, individual performance, attitude, and other factors.
Our team is a positive, energetic, social group. Alongside the usual social stuff, we enjoy fitness activities, company offsites, regular lunch and learns, and quarterly company socials. We are predominantly a Work From Home Business at the moment, although we have the option to work from our office in Liverpool Street.