Do you want to help shape the growth of one of the UK’s top R&D Tax consultancies? As a Manager at Kene Partners, you will have a wealth of experience in this industry and be eager to provide R&D tax advice to our technology clients, whilst ensuring the internal team is working to a high standard. The Manager holds a crucial role within the company and reports directly to the Managing Director.
About Kene Partners
Kene Partners is a specialist R&D Tax Consultancy that believes in superb client service delivered through a blend of talent and technology.
A total of £5.3bn was claimed in R&D tax credits by innovative UK companies during 2018-19 and at Kene Partners we want to continue supporting and enabling this figure to increase year on year.
At Kene Partners, our vision is to reinvent this relatively unknown benefit and assist companies from the ground up to revolutionise R&D claims for their business. We want to give business owners the ability to maximise the amount of tax benefit they are eligible for using our expertise and industry knowledge.
We aim to inspire, enable and enhance innovative businesses in the UK to continue to grow and thrive.
This is an ambitious goal and it needs an equally ambitious team in order to succeed. Our growth trajectory shows we’re onto something big and we’re looking for exceptional people excited by the prospect of building something that matters to join the team.
On a day-to-day basis you will be:
- Contributing to the efficient and successful delivery of R&D tax services to our clients
- Independently managing the entire claims process for larger SMEs and leading day-to-day client liaison for large companies and complex claims, providing a high level of client service at all times
- Contributing to and verifying claims made by more junior members of the team
- Contributing to winning new work by proactively managing existing clients, ensuring that a strong repeat client base is maintained, as well as using their referrals for winning new clients
- Getting involved in the training of junior members of the team in R&D tax legislation and its application
- Participating in the firm’s internal R&D training for continuous development on the R&D Tax legislation
- Maintaining a high working knowledge of the various legislations in order to provide the highest quality of consulting
- Working with this lovely bunch of faces: Meet the Team
- Demonstrable experience, skills and/or passion in R&D tax
- Strong commercial awareness and great communication skills
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- The capabilities and experience to deliver innovative solutions to complex challenges
- An interest in your own personal development as well as the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues
- The will to make a difference and interest in shaping your career within R&D tax
- The flexibility to take on change, shifting tasks and priorities when circumstances dictate (hint: this happens a lot in a fast-paced consultancy)
Finally, benefits! It wouldn’t be a job description without a benefits section. We have some great perks to tell you about which are listed below in relation to our core values, culture, and mission:
Grow the Cake – We know our success is credited to our hard-working and talented employees, so every employee is paid competitively, with regular, performance-related pay reviews.
If we can, we will – Your wellbeing and development are pivotal to being able to work effectively. We aim to guide you in your career with generous onboarding, personal learning & development budgets, private healthcare including physical, mental, dental, and optical care as standard.
Do the right thing – We offer generous holiday allowances, pension schemes, flexible working, the ability to WFH, and parental leave policies to ensure you are well looked after. As a business with set deadlines, we counteract this by closing at three carefully selected points in the year to ensure all employees are rested and rejuvenated.
One Team with One Dream – Everyone at Kene Partners is working towards the same annual bonus scheme, aligning our goals with one another. The individual discretionary bonus is based on a scoring system factoring in company performance, profitability, individual performance, attitude, and other factors.
Our team is a positive, energetic, social group. Alongside the usual social stuff, we enjoy fitness activities, company offsites, regular lunch and learns, and quarterly company socials. We are predominantly a Work From Home Business at the moment, although we have the option to work from our office in Liverpool Street.